Local Festivities in Madrid Province
We have a wide range of offices in the country, if you dont find a car in Batres, please look forward for another city nearby. We have many destinations in all Spanish regions.
Make the most of your visit to Batres. This location will offer you a variety of getaways for all tastes. But also, depending on the month you will visit this town, you can check and participate in some of the following festivities. Dont miss it!
Here are just a few of the festivals occurring in the province of Madrid throughout the year. Plan ahead and dont leave it to the last minute to organise accommodation and car rental!:
- January 5, Three Kings Procession ( Madrid): the Three Kings travel through the streets giving sweets to the children.
- February 2 & 3, La Candalería ( Madrid).
- February, Festival Flamenco Caja Madrid.
- Easter Saturday, The Passion of Chinchón: held in the historic part of the city, this is a re-enactment of the events of Easter, culminating in the release of white smoke and doves.
- June, Noches de Jazz en La Plaza de Chinchón: a festival of live jazz held in the main plaza of Chinchón.
- July 25, Santiago Apostle Festival (Chinchón): this festival marks the start of the bull-fighting season.
- August 15 & 16, Las Fiestas Patronales (Chinchón): a festival with music, bull-fighting, processions, childrens activities and a massive firework display.
- August, last week (Alcalá de Henares): giant puppet displays. An also in August, Patron Saints Day of San Lorenzo (San Lorenzo de El Escorial).
- September (1st Sunday), Feast of Our Lady of Solitude (Arganda del Rey) .
- Mid- November, Film Festival (Alcalá de Henares).
- Last week of November early December, Semana Gótica de Madrid: a festival of all things Gothic, including films, readings, and hands-on workshops.