Granada Tourist Info
Granada Airport, also know as Federico Garcia Lorca Granada-Jaen Airport, is located near to Chaucina and Santa Fé or about 15 kilometres west of Granada and about 100 kilometres of Jaen. It mainly serves national Spanish flights to Madrid or Barcelona and recently has expanded to international routes from low cost airlines to Liverpool, London, Bologna or Milan.
As per its geographical situation, Granada Airport handle traffic passenger to and from Granada and Jaen provinces. There are some ways to reach Granada city centre from the airport: by bus, with some departures a day from the airport; by taxi available at the airport or by car. If you arrive to the airport with your own or rented vehicle, you can easily use car parking available for more than 450 cars. Also if you arrive on holidays, don´t hesitate to check Granada car hire and take your vehicle from the airport to drive across this province. Take note, you can find very economical car hire companies there, specially if you make your booking in advance and take advantage of their offers.
Granada is largely well-known as a city and capital of the province of Granada for its historical, architectural and cultural heritage. And also for that reason lot of people choose this destination to enjoy their holidays. This city has a vast range of tourist interests, the great majority of them still keeping its Moorish influence. However we can suggest you some things you can not miss in Granada:
- Alhambra and Generalife. Nowadays Alhambra and Generalife complex is considered a World Heritage Site and one of the most famous examples of the Islamic historical legacy. Also this complex is the most emblematic, known and visited of the province.
- Albaicín and Sacromonte. Albaicín quarter, also World Heritage Site, preserves some fine examples of Almohad urbanism and Morisco constructions. And Sacromonte neighbourhood is famous by its cave houses where gypsies celebrate every night their flamenco song and dance fiestas .
- Depend on the season, you can enjoy skiing in Sierra Nevada or spend a sunny days in the Tropical Coast.
- To deep into Granada province, without any doubt, take you car and make a trip in the time to inland until finding its origins in the Berbers tribes who inhabited the Alpujarra. Or visit Guadix or Baza-Huescar region where you can sleep in house-caves excavated in the Earth and submerge you completely in their culture as a great example of integration of the man with the nature and the landscape.
- And to finish your holidays; enjoy the tapas and the cuisine from Granada.