If you want to spend some unforgettable days with your family, don´t think about it anymore and visit Alicante. Apart from beautiful beaches on the Costa Blanca, where children and adults can enjoy the sea, sand and sun, in Alicante and its surroundings there are places where children can play, have fun and even learn.
The best option is to rent a car at Alicante airport, to be able to move freely and with comfort around the area.
In the city of Alicante you can find the castle of Santa Bárbara which you can get to with your car, from the street Vázquez de Mella. From this castle, that is located on the summit of the mountain Benacantil, you can see the whole of Alicante´s bay. In summer the youngest members of the family can spend a fun afternoon with all the activities specially prepared for them: a craft market, workshops, traditional games, tours made into theatres and shows, including “Piratas”
Close to this city you can find the toy valley. We recommend you visit the monument of the Three Wise Men and the toy library “Valle del Juguete” where children will be able to have fun with all toys imaginable.
If you want to unload some adrenalin and visit some theme parks you will have to travel to Benidorm. There you will find:
- Terra Mítica. A theme park where history is turned into fun.
- Aqualandia. The biggest water park in Europe
- Terra Natura and Mundomar. Parks full of animals. You will be able to see dolphin and exotic bird shows, as well as different species of plants and animals.
If what you really like are mountains, in this province you will find a large number of signposted tracks where children and adults alike can enjoy Nature.
- Sierra de Mariola. Rich in medicinal and aromatic plants. You will discover natural sources of water and archaeological remains.
- Sierra de Aitana. A mountainous group that are part of the Sistema Bético. You will be ablee to visit the castle of Guadalest, the safari of Aitana and the Arca de Noé.
- Peñon de Ifach. Located in Calpe. An amazing rock considered one of the most pretty and singular geographical features of the province.
It is very important to choose our holiday destination correctly, speciallly if we are going with the youngest members of our family, they also want to enjoy their holidays, probably even more than us.