Benidorm is amongst the most popular tourist destinations in Spain, and with its glorious beaches, consistently hot weather and quality food at low prices, it isn’t difficult to see why. Aside from soaking up the sun and enjoying tapas and dining al fresco, there is plenty to see and do in this charming coastal town.
10 things to do in Benidorm
1. Visit the Old Town – perhaps the most charming part of Benidorm, the Old Town, with its narrow streets and untouched buildings, is full of character
2. Benidorm Palace – catch a live show at the glamorous Benidorm Palace
3. Spend the day at a theme park – there are plenty to choose from, including Mundomar, Aqualandia and Terra Mitica
4. Go shopping at La Marina
5. Vist the market – the local market is held on Wednesday and Sunday mornings and is the perfect place to pick up some unique bargains
6. Go to the beach – obviously
7. Take a stroll down the Promenade
8. Visit the Marina – consider taking a boat trip at Benidorm’s famous Marina
9. Play a round of golf – Benidorm is popular amongst golfers and has an array of impressive courses.
10. Explore further afield – The tram gives you easy access to other areas like Alicante and Gata de Gorgos, which make perfect day trips, or you could hire a car in Benidorm and go on a few road trips.
As the weather starts picking up in March, there isn’t much you can’t do in Benidorm and it gives you a great opportunity to enjoy all it has to offer before tourist season really kicks in.