Palma de Mallorca Tourist Info
Is the island’s capital city with a population of 325,000 and a sizeable port, you can find in Palma the rich mix of culture, history and nightlife.
Due to this tourism influence as a popular destination for charter groups, Palma Airport receives lot of passengers, mainly during summer season. Over the last few years this airport has become busier thanks to the arrival of low-cost airlines. And without any doubt, the most convenient way to arrive to your destination is renting your car on arrival to the airport.
- Castillo de Bellver: It was built in the 14th century for King James II of Aragon , also it was used as a military prison during the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Catedral: you will be impressed, even astonished, by the graceful Gothic cathedral as it gradually emerges into view . You can visit also the old centre and tree-lined avenues around it are also lively at night.
- Almudaina: it was orginally a citadel built by the Moorish guverners just outside the city walls.
- San Francesc:It is consider as a National monument, as one of the most beatiful church of Palma.
- Pueblo Español:It was built in 1967, by Fernando Chueca .You can see the reproductions of typical buildings from various parts of Spain
- Caves of Genova: They were discovered in 1906, and is a guide visit.
- Palma Nightlife: you will find the most vibrant night life at El Terreno district. A full programme of concerts, exhibitions, festivals, ballet and theatre performances is published monthly by the tourist office.