Javea is a coastal city located in the Valencian Community, in the Northern zone of the province of Alicante and the Costa Blanca. Javea is framed by the foothills of the mountain peaks: Cap de Sant Antoni and Cap de la Nau. Javea has a very mild climate along the year. Thanks to the Montgó mountain, Javea is protected from the winter cold and it is blessed by sea winds and westerly breezes which do lower the heat of summer. One date: its climate has been ranked as the world’s second best micro-climate.
Javea has an incredible natural heritage with a large variety of scenic landscapes. These are some of Natural Spaces in the city:
- The Montgó Nature Park: it rises between Javea and Denia, with a maximum of 753m. It has a vegetation very rich and a great variety of unique plants that only grow in this area.
- Sant Antoni Cape Marine Reserve: fishing and collecting any kind of live organism is forbidden, and you need a special license to dive.
- Portixol Bay: this is one of Javea‘s most interesting reserves in terms of ecology and landscape.
- La Granadella Forest Park: it’s the impressive “green lung” of the Alicante coastline (near 700 ha.). Low bushes and prairies are the most abundant.
In other hand, Javea is configurated by three residencial areas, which you can visit renting a car in Javea:
- The Historical City-Centre: still conserves its peculiar network of charming streets with white façades, gothic windows and ironworks, which are all characterized by the typical coarse stone from the surrounding area.
- The Port: ancient fishing district, still conserves its narrow streets with lovely white-whashed houses.
- Playa del Arenal: the only sandy beach an done of Javea‘s primary tourist centres thanks to its leisure and gastronomy.